To create a DVD Slide-show you should do the following:
Step1: Create a new project, specify its parameters.
Creating a new project from the Start Page:
Run AVS Video Editor clicking the AVS Video Editor icon at your desktop or go to Start menu ->Programs -> AVS Media -> AVS Video Editor -> AVS Video Editor.
- At the Start Page click the New Project button
- The Project Parameters wizard will start. It will suggest that you set the parameters for your project at the very beginning of your work. It is strongly recommended to set project parameters according to the source file parameters or according to your output movie to avoid quality losses.
At the first step of the Project Parameters wizard you should enter the file name for your project and set it's location. Click the Browse... button to open the standard windows explorer menu and select the project location. Please take into account that you will get an info message in case a project with the name you typed already exists. After you finished, please click the Next>> button.
For DVD creation it'll be best to set DVD NTSC (720x480; 29.97 fps. 48000 Hz Stereo) or DVD PAL (720x576; 25 fps. 48000 Hz Stereo) preset from the Presets drop-down combo box. If you are new to video editing we'd like you not to change any of the default settings represented in the existing presets.
4. Click the Finish button. Now you have created a project and you are ready to start Importing source files to AVS Video Editor.
To create a new project in the middle of your work in AVS Video Editor please go to the File menu -> Project -> New Project or just press Ctrl+N at your keyboard. After that follow the steps 3-4 described above.
Step2: Import the source files into AVS Video Editor.
To import images please click the Import Media button in the Start menu pane.
- After that select the Add Picture button and the Import Files standard explorer window will appear.
Here you should select the files for image importing and click Open.
3. After that you should set the location for your imported images. If you want to put the imported images into a new collection select New Collection Package and type the name for your new collection. It's also possible to import images into an existing collection. To do that select the appropriate point and choose the collection from the existing collections list. After you are done, click the Import button.
You can visually judge the importing process with the help of Preview. To cancel the importing click the Cancel button.
Step3: Place the imported pictures to the storyboard in the sequence you want them to appear in your slide-show.
1. To start placing the imported pictures to the storyboard please click the Create Video icon in the Edit Movie menu pane.
2. To add pictures to the storyboard please use drag-and-drop method: drag the desired picture icon from the Media Library to the Storyboard:
3. To change the sequence of your pictures it's easier to use Move Left and Move Right buttons. Note that there is an opportunity to use multiselection feature: all of the pictures selected in the Media Library will be added to the Storyboard.
Step4: Set the image duration (at our example it'll be 10 seconds).
As we said before, suppose you want each of your picture in the output slide-show to be shown at the screen for 10 seconds. So, it's necessary to set each image duration. For that your should call up the picture Properties window. You can act in two ways:
right click at the picture displayed at the Storyboard and select Properties from the menu;
highlight the picture displayed at the Storyboard and click the Show Properties button at the Storyboard menu.
1. Using the spin set the desired duration and click the OK button. You can also set the duration manually.
2. Preview the result using the Main Preview window.
Step5: Apply transitions in the Edit Movie menu.
Transitions control how your movie sequences between clips. To start adding transitions please click the Add Transitions button in the Edit Movie menu pane.
To add the transition:
Select the Transitions button in the Edit Movie menu pane.
Navigating among transitions reflected in the Media Library select the desired transition icon.
Drag and drop it to the workspace or click the Add Transition button.
Preview the result using the Main Preview window.
You can also set the transition duration. The transition length is determined by the amount of overlap between two clips. Note that the maximum transition length is limited to 5 seconds.
To change the transition length:
Right click at the transition displayed at the Workspace in storyboard view and select the Properties point.
In the Transition Properties window you can see the start position of the selected transition, in the right window - the end one.
Drag the slider to the necessary position and click the Apply button. The Apply All button will set the same duration to all of the transitions in your project.
Clicking the Randomize All button will add random transitions to all of the empty transition windows between clips in your project with the duration set for the current transition.
Now you can preview the result using the Main Preview window.
Step6: Create a DVD menu, if you'd like to.
For DVD creation AVS Video Editor will suggest that you create a DVD disc menu. In this relation we'd like to draw your attention to the Disc Menu button in the Burn Disc menu pane.
There is a number of styles you can select for a DVD menu. To select the style you like best please follow the steps below:
Select the Disc Menu button in the Burn Disc menu pane.
Navigating among styles reflected in the Media Library select the desired style icon.
Drag and drop it to the workspace or click the Apply Style button.
To preview DVD menu please use the Remote Control Emulator, which is located in the left part of workspace.
Step7: Select the Burn DVD option and follow the wizard's instructions on how to burn your slideshow onto a DVD disc.
To start burning a DVD please click the Burn DVD button in the Burn Movie menu pane. Right after that the Save Movie To DVD wizard will start. Your movie will be converted to the DVD format and saved to your hard drive. After that the burning process will start.
Here you should select Profile from the list of the available DVD Profiles depending on the output quality. Do not forget to select the appropriate DVD Profile (PAL or NTSC) depending on the country you live in. In case you want to include a DVD menu please make sure that the Create DVD Menu check-box is checked. After you finish, please click the Next>> button.
At the next step of the Save Movie To DVD wizard you should enter a file name for your saved movie and set the location. Click the Browse... button to open the standard windows explorer menu and select the movie location. After you are done, click the Start button to start converting your movie to the selected format and burn it to a DVD. You can visually judge the conversion process with the help of the Conversion Preview.
After the file structure for your movie is created, the disc will be recorded using the internal AVS Video Editor burn engine. You do not need any other additional programs to burn your created discs.
Please make sure that you inserted a DVD±R/RW disc in the drive and select the necessary DVD-drive from the list, in case you have several drives in your system.
After the burning process is over, the DVD will be ejected automatically. Now, you can watch the created movie on a home DVD-player!